Math Content Alignment/Subject Matter Expert
EdGate is looking for Math Subject Matter Experts to align/correlate Math content to K-12 standards and offer project-specific K-12 math standards subject matter expertise.
- Alignment/correlation of Math content to K-12 standards
- Provide validation of state standards coverage to support the alignment and correlation needs of EdGate’s K-12 clients: traditional curriculum publishers, EdTech companies, district and state departments of education.
- Develop knowledge of the EdGate ExACT tagging process and the controlled vocabulary list
- Provide expertise on math correlation, mapping, and custom math projects
- Evaluate and compare state standards in order to determine differences in pedagogical approach
- Attend internal meetings to support information on project progress
- Use EdGate’s internal administrative tools to review and improve correlations
- Occasionally attend customer-facing calls to offer support to sales and project teams
- Assist with cost estimating for math projects
- Perform gap analysis and make recommendations for reducing gap
- Bachelor’s degree in education, math, or relevant field from an accredited institution required
- K– 12 Teaching Certificate with demonstrated teaching experience desirable but other teaching experience may be substituted
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience with processing and working with repository data
- Working knowledge of educational curriculum standards, frameworks, and learning objectives
- Knowledge of hierarchical data structures
- Demonstrated technical experience with knowledge/application of Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on MS Excel and the ability to create spreadsheets and manipulate data competently
- Ability to work independently to complete projects and work as part of a team
- Ability to anticipate problems, identify workable alternatives, and communicate effectively to achieve a desirable outcome
- Maintain established production schedule and meet identified timelines for each project i.e. number of items per hour or number of lesson plans per week
- Personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
This is a remote contract position.
Interested applicants who are organized, competitive and ambitious and who meet the criteria listed above should reply with resume and cover letter. We're eager to meet people that can contribute to our team in a variety of ways - not just candidates who check all the boxes. Because of this, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements that are listed within this job description. Please visit https://www.edgate.com to learn more about this company and its products for the educational market.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.